Effective Dates of Promotion
|Second Lieutenant||December 8, 2011|
|First Lieutenant||February 17, 2014|
|Captain||February 10, 2016|
|Major||May 01, 2022|
Operations Flight Commander
Major Stephanie D. Jones
Maj Stephanie D. Jones is an Assistant Professor of Aerospace Studies (APAS) and Recruiting Officer at Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) Detachment 250, Iowa State University. She and her team are responsible for the comprehensive military education of cadets cultivating them to high quality officers for the United States Air and Space Forces.
Maj Jones entered the Air Force in 2011 as a direct accession from the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps program at Kansas State University. She has served 10 years on active duty. Upon graduation, she attended the Criminal Investigator Training Program at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) followed by the Basic Special Investigator Course at the U.S. Air Force Special Investigations Academy. Her initial assignment was with the OSI 1st Procurement Fraud Detachment (PFD) at Los Angeles Air Force Base (AFB), Los Angeles, California where she served as a procurement fraud investigator supporting Los Angeles and the tri-state area. She has worked inspections; criminal and procurement fraud investigations; as well as cyber, protective service, and counterintelligence operations during her time with OSI. She has deployed in support of Operation FREEDOM’S SENTINEL and Operation ENDURING FREEDOM – JUNIPER SHIELD. Prior to her current position, the Major was the Commander of the OSI Expeditionary Detachment 2504, Air Base 201, Agadez, Niger.
|2011||Bachelor of Arts, Criminology, Kansas State University, Manhattan.|
|2011||Bachelor of Arts, Digital Arts, Kansas State University, Manhattan.|
|2015||Masters of Science, Human Computer Interaction, Iowa State University, Ames.|
|2017||Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base (AFB), Ala.|
|2019||2019 Air Force Greenbelt, Headquarters OSI, Marine Corps Base Quantico, Va.|
|2019||Air Force Inspector General Training – Wing, Kirtland AFB, Albuquerque, N.M.|
Awards and Decorations
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Air Force Commendation Medal with “C” device and three oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Achievement Medal
- Meritorious Unit Award
- 2009 Modern Army Combatives Program Level II Instructor
- 2010 Air Force Combatives Program Master Instructor
- 2014 Department of Defense (DoD) Certified Digital Media Collector
- 2014 DoD Certified Digital Forensic Examiner
- 2014 DoD Certified Computer Crimes Investigator
- 2017 National Registry Emergency Medical Technician
- 2019 Pro Board Firefighter II
- 2021 Air Force Greenbelt Continuous Process Improvement Certification
- April 2012 – September 2012, Agent Trainee, Office of Special Investigations (OSI) Detachment 810, Los Angeles Air Force Base (AFB), Calif.
- September 2012 – April 2014, Special Agent, OSI 1st Procurement Fraud Detachment, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
- April 2014 – October 2016, Special Agent, Cyber Crimes Investigator, OSI 3rd Field Investigations Squadron, Cyber Flight, Joint Base San Antonio Lackland, Texas
- November 2016 – November 2018, Special Agent, Cyber Counterintelligence Officer, OSI Investigations Collections Operations Nexus (ICON), Cyber Division, Marine Corps Base (MCB) Quantico, Va. (February – August 2018, Team Lead, OSI Expeditionary Detachment 2405, Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan)
- November 2018 – June 2020, Chief, Inspections Branch, OSI ICON Center, MCB Quantico, Va.
- June 2020 – June 2021, Commander, OSI Expeditionary Detachment 2504, Air Base 201, Agadez, Niger
- August 2021 – Present, Assistant Professor of Aerospace Studies, Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) Detachment 250, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa